Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hen-Peck

As a one-time yankee-girl, I want to share one of the reasons why we love it in East Tennessee...

Hen-peck.

Yup, Hen-peck.
My dad used to call them weeds. Pretty, but still, weeds.


They make the fields of East Tennessee glow purple this time of the year.

A vast sea of purple haze,

made up of little, tiny flowers...

I get to see them every single day as I do my run-about.
This part of the country is overflowing with beauty.

Lucky me.


(ps: check out yesterday's post on connections-it'll make you cry!)

4 comments:

  1. We don't have weeds like that in California, gee, I don't even think we've got fields like that... hmmm. Maybe we're ready for a change of scenery. I'll have to tell Mr. Dunbar I want to go see some weeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a back yard full of them. i live in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a back yard full of them. i live in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where were these taken? Looking for a flower field for photos! :)

    ReplyDelete